Tuesday 27 March 2012

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins

To tell you the truth I felt extremely let down by Suzanne Collins in the last book of The Hunger Games, I was expecting an epic ending something to leave me thinking of forever, like the first book but when I read the last page all I felt was disappointment, Collins had so much potential to end Mockingjay with a bang and she didn't!


As many of you know I loved The Hunger Games; it was fast-paced, thrilling, suspenseful. Catching Fire wasn't as good but it was still enjoyable but it didn't let me down, I figured it was leading up to Mockingjay to make a mind-blowing, epic conclusion. 

I guess I am being unfair, I did set my expectations too high but I consider Collins as a brilliant writer and knows how to spin a story. Unfortunately she didn't demonstrate her talent in this book. Possibly the only thing that made this series so fantastic was the Hunger Games [SPOILER] but that ended at the end of the second book.

In this book I found the love triangle infuriating, Katniss toyed with Gale and Peeta's emotions and seemed to jump back and forth between the boys making me want to scream if you can't choose just give yourself some space and time, in the meantime don't go around kissing them both. Collins rushed important parts that infuriated me such as the deaths of main characters and the last battle. An annoying thing about Katniss in this book is that she is never in control, she barely stands up and fights anymore, which annoyed me. I have to say I am glad with the guy Katniss decides on in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment