Sunday 1 April 2012

Review: Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot

Weird thing about this trilogy is that I read them backwards starting from the 3rd, trust me it was not intentional but I read the third one a few years back and I started retracing my steps of this story to the very beginning. Even though Meg Cabot uses the basic plot of a small town girl, who is a recent gradate, has recently lost quite a bit of weight and falls in love with a guy over seas who turns out to be quite a jerk.

I love how the character didn't stay in one place the whole time, they moved from their small town to England, to France [it turns out to be quite an interesting trip!] Although I found this book [trilogy in total] completely predictable, Lizzie [the main character] as you can tell from the title really can not keep her mouth shut, she is not called Lizzie Broadcasting System LBS, for nothing. Although this book seems far away from reality with it's obnoxious characters, it at times is quirky and humorous, a good book to read when you can not be bothered getting fully into a novel and understanding it since the plot inevitable. Although some people might find this mushy and completly predictabled plot entertaining I how ever found it not exciting but at times humorous. 



No comments:

Post a Comment