Friday 6 April 2012

Review: The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Although this book is not fast paced or logical it is able to make readers stop and think about many things, which I thought was due to mostly the brilliant writing by Audrey Niffenegger. This is a book that leaves you constantly thinking about many different scenes in the book for days after you've finished the book. This book has many unique and different ideas that it was an incredible read and something out of the ordinary it left me holding my breathe till I was blue in the face for many scenes.


The book is basically about a man, Henry who involuntarily time travels, he is never aware when this will occur but when it does he is drawn towards significant events and people who will come into his life. This book tells a very complicated love story and is able to not fall for the cheesy unrealistic scenes and lines that many other romantic books have. It tells a story of a deep enduring love that comes across so much hardship and heartache and is able to show both sides of what is going on for the couple and how Henry's condition severely affects their relationship. Overall I found the novel to be powerful and capturing, a novel that I don't think I'll ever be able to forget.




No comments:

Post a Comment