Thursday 7 June 2012

Review: Hallowed by Cynthia Hand


This book is beautiful, Cynthia Hand delivered the second book in the Unearthly series and nailed it. This series is basically a YA paranormal romance. This book has many beautiful moments with divine descriptions of feathered wings, flying and 'glory' that makes you see the purity of angels and marvel at how while dealing with a delicate subject and using in a story Cynthia Hand was able to show justice to angels.

This book in many ways I found heart breaking and turning the last page nearly ripped my heart in half. This book was tender and heartfelt and the relationships in this novel where emotional and truthful. I found this book moving and life changing towards many subjects that this book dealt with.

Everyone I know who has read this book is all really disappointed with the ending, mainly because it leaves on a massive cliff hanger and the next book doesn't come out for awhile!

While reading this book there are bits I must warn you will need to keep an open heart too, other then that a beautiful read. Other than that I would consider this a worth while read, I have to admit at times I got frustrated with the romantic bits since it was a bit of a cliche in parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment