Friday 8 June 2012

Review: Nobody's Girl by Sarra Manning

I would consider this a 5 star book and one of Sarra Manning's best novels, I just finished reading 'Adorkable' by Manning and it's a close second to my favourites by Manning, this book obviously the first! It's a book that I love to re-read! 


This book follows 17-year-old Bea who has a crazy obsession with France, who has a father from Paris that she has never met! Bea is a quiet, shy girl then all a sudden the popular Ruby takes an interest in her and Bea agrees to go on holiday to Spain with her and Ruby's other friends. Except when Bea gets there Ruby reviels her true colours, unable to stand it Bea heads off to Paris to search for her father. On her journey Bea makes true friends with back-packers, truley finds herself and [of course] falls in love.

I absolutely loved Manning's description of Paris, through her writing you could really tell that she loves France. A great thing about this book is that many teenagers are able to relate to Bea, how she felt out of place and how she was treated and I love how Manning uses these events to make Beau stronger and eventually enables Beau to stand up for herself. I would definitely recommend this book to other Sarah Dessen fans!




No comments:

Post a Comment