Sunday 3 June 2012

Review: Jinx by Meg Cabot


I've always been a fan of Meg Cabot, so when I saw she had a new book out I knew I had to get it, even though I didn't know what it was about, relying on the knowledge that a Meg Cabot book is always good! So the next morning I grabbed jinx and spent that whole morning in bed reading it!
Being a fan of Meg Cabot and magic I was not disappointed.

This story mixes real life settings and characters with the element of fantasy making it entertaining for most teens. I didn't like Jinx's cousin, Tory but she played her role well taking her role as the evil cousin to the next level. A well rounded cast of characters that all played a great role in making Jinx enjoyable.

I heard something hilarious when someone was trying to recommend this book they said, "Four parts Anne of Green Gables and Three parts The Craft". In my opinion Meg Cabot is a brilliant writter who is able to take clichéd plots and give them a refreshing take. A great example of a stand alone novel, you will not be disappointed with the ending.

A great read if you are a girl over 12.

If you've read Jinx and your looking for something similar try these books, with reviews coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment