Saturday 2 June 2012

Review: Knife Edge by Malorie Blackman

After reading the first book "Noughts and Crosses" by Blackman, I swear a book never had the effect to make me that upset, other then J.K Rowling's Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. After reading the first book I practically ran to the library to grab the second, which was just as amazing as the first. The chaos in the novel the emotional, physical, mental and social is immense. All the characters are so strong after time and time again they have been shoved down.


Blackman has succeeded in making this book also impossible to put down and get emotionally attached to. It was at times messy and depressing but in the end I loved it. A great thing about these books is that you are given an insight into nearly all the characters so you can understand their actions. At times the plot did drag, I admit but it was kind of nice since both the first and last book are filled with action.


A great thing about this book is that there was a lot of insight to Jude's actions [Callum's brother]. Although I don't agree with his actions I can understand why he has done all the things that he has done but he is not filled with grief or remorse just hatred which  makes him scary.


Another thing I love about this book is it goes into depth about the consequences of what happened in the ending of "Noughts and Crosses". This book was mainly written to allow readers to understand the characters, which gives a lot of insight to their actions in the first and last book. 


This has to be one of my favourite trilogies and I would recommend this trilogy to everyone. This book has the ability to make you really think about racism, prejudice and terrorism, so it id definitely NOT a light read, it is quite dark and heart aching at times.





No comments:

Post a Comment