Saturday 2 June 2012

Review: Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta

I love Melina Marchetta's writing, Marchetta is has the ability to draw any reader into her world and make them want to travel with her characters and feel every emotion they are experiencing. Saving Francesca is a touching, story filled with humour and honest moments that kept me turning the pages that made me read faster and faster as the plot climaxed. This is a novel that is extremely hard to forget, their are some heartfelt and humorous quotes that I will never forget.


"It's a weird smile, but it reaches his eyes and I bottle it. And I put it in my ammo pack that's kept right next to my soul and Justine's spirit and Siobham's hope and Tara's passions. Because if I'm going to wake up one morning and not be able to get out of bed, I'm going to need everything I've got to fight this disease that could be sleeping inside of me."
This a deep story that deals with many issues such as a depression, family issues, social pressures and a girl’s attempt to find the strength to keep her family together and her life in tact. It’s about love, friendship and finding the will to continue when everything around you makes you just want to curl up under your doona and hide from the world. This book had the ability to make you cry and snort with laughter in a 5 minute radius.

Melina Marchetta is an excellent author that deals with many teen issues in her novels, I would definitely recommend this book and other books by her!

No comments:

Post a Comment